Organization Background :- Naisargik Trust was promoted by the group of young social entrepreneurs for meeting the development needs of north Gujarat in the year 1997. The group was lead by the Mr. Prakash Chauhan and ably supported by the Ms. Pinal Gandhi and The group was having significant experience in mobilizing communities at the village level particularly women and disadvantage community. After the modest beginning, the trust focused on quality implementation of government programs and schemes with community participation. At present the trust is working with 6347 village community and 70 urban community to meet their development needs. The followings are the major program either implemented or being implemented by the trust for SHG, Health, NRM and Social marketing.
Implementation of project for promotion of Zink based ORS for diarrhea treatment in Gujarat :-
The trust was the part of the first project of ‘Micro Nutrients’ (MI) for training Asha Workers and Aganwadi Workers. The project was implemented into Banasknatha and Patan District of Gujarat. Subsequently, the trust is associated with FHI -360, and CHAI for promoting Zink Based ORS in the state of the Gujarat.
KEY STRENGTHS OF THE ORGANIZATION :-
Key Strength-1 :- Experience of working in Public Health Sectors – The Trust is working in public health sector for last 16 years, and implemented 65 projects across Gujarat. Followings are the major projects.
- Reproductive Child Health Project for Patan and Banaskantha Districts – Department of Health & Family Welfare , GoG.
- Targeted Intervention -Narmada District, and Targeted Intervention –Truckers Project, Ahmedabad – NACP -2 , projects funded by National Aids Control Society and Gujarat State AIDS Control Society
- Link Couple Training Programs covering all Primary Healthcare Center of in All the PHC of Banaskantha and Patan District of Gujarat.
Key Strength-2 :- Experience of conducting awareness and communication campaign and Capacity Building – The Trust has inherent capacity for implementing awareness generation project. Gramin Vikas Andolan under Bharat Nirman Project was one of the largest Awareness project implemented by the trust for 2 years, which received significant success. The other simmilar projects are as under.
- The Trust organized different interventions for Health awareness like Celebration of World AIDS Day, International Women Day, Nutrition Week, World TB Day, World Tobacco Day, Save the Girls Campaign and Breast Feeding Week etc. through development communication campaign, IEC/BCC Materials and Events planning.
- Naisargik Trust Organized Gram Shree Mela to Provide platform to Rural handicraft Worker
- Naisargik Trust conducted 500 training for ‘Village Health and Nutrition Committees’.
- Naisargik Trust organize more than 5000 SHG and build their capacity.
Key Strength-3 :- Geographical presence in Gujarat and experience of working in selected districts. Naisargik Trust has head office in the Palanpur, Gujarat and working experience across the state including projected districts mentioned in RFP. The trust has trained man power in these districts, which will be available for the project.
Key Strength-4 :- Experience of working with FHI -360 , CHAI , FRHS, SRTT . The trust has experience of working with large funding agencies and NGOs. The trust has completed their project satisfactory and complemented all monitoring and reporting requirements.
Key Strength-5 :-
Our Strength-We have a young esthetic & motivated core team and staff group of 154 members which are highly educated, experienced & Committed to their work & responsibilities